Saturday, June 27, 2009

on my way home. . .

I'm in the San Francisco airport right now. I wasn't going to post again until I got completely home, but my flight was (is) delayed, so I'm bored. I'm saving my book for the flight, my iPod is charging, and I'm exhausted. (Which will probably become apparent as this gets longer).

I spent my last full day in Melbourne running around, getting gifties for my family, and spending time at my favorite spots. I spent a few hours at the Queen Victoria Market, in the "souvenir" side - this runs the gamut from clothes to jewelry to knicknacks and there's even a pet store. (It had super cute puppies. I didn't think they'd clear customs, though.)

I got up (late) on Saturday and took a shuttle-bus to the airport with some of the other IES students who were also leaving today. Emma and I had the same set of flights to San Francisco, and so we hung out at the Tullamarine Airport and the Auckland Airport. The flight from Auckland to San Francisco had the worst turbulence I have ever experienced on a flight. Because of that, I didn't get much sleep, and so I've now been up for 24 hours. I don't get home for another 5-6 hours, so I'll be pretty much certifiable by the time I see my family. Emma and I parted ways at SFO, since we were at different terminals.

I'm super excited to be going home. Its been a long, wonderful 5 months, but I'm ready to be back. Minneapolis, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment