Friday, January 9, 2009

visa!

I finally received my certificate of enrollment yesterday from the University of Melbourne, and applied for my visa. Today I received the email confirmation of my visa. Its official! I have all the required documentation! I can, in fact, go to Australia!

I'm alternately really excited and really nervous about going to Melbourne, though at the moment, all of my worries center around the flights and connections and worry about making all of those. I have had more anxiety dreams about flying than I think I had total in the last semester. I haven't even started to worry about university life or anything like that, though I do need to find an ultimate team to pick up with. (Hopefully I can convince Kate to join me!) I am anxious about that, but I think thats because there is a definable something (my playing ability in relation to everyone elses) to be nervous about. If I let myself be nervous about all the unknowns coming up, I would be a wreck. Its hard to believe that in a month I will be on my way to Melbourne. . .

1 comment:

  1. Mom and I are also getting excited and a bit nervous ourselves, Maddie. What a time it will be! Thanks for the blog; it'll be a great way to follow your adventure.

    Now we just have to get skype set up.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete